What is Financial Capability?
It is a skills for everyday life.
Knowledge and information about financial
capability helps builds the confidence and understanding needed to deal
effectively with money matters.
By being more aware of budgeting, spending and
saving, banking, different forms of credit, how to deal with debt, you will be
more able to manage your money. This will have a positive effect
on everyday lives.
We provide Financial
Capability Training for individual groups.
We also provide Financial
Capability Training for frontline
Financial Capability Training
The following are all 2-hour sessions we can deliver as
training for client groups:
- pros and cons of different types of borrowing
- the costs of borrowing money
- understanding and comparing APRs
Dealing with your bills
- common causes of debt
- consequences of not paying different types of bills
- priority and non priority debts
- increasing income and dealing with debts
Managing your money
- the purpose of a personal budget
- income and expenditure in a personal budget
- completing a budget sheet
Finding the best Energy Deal
- who can switch energy suppliers?
- comparing prices: how to get the best deal
- next steps
- making the most of the help available
- advantages of using an account
- choosing between bank accounts
- identification needed to open an account
- payment cards
- understanding bank statements
- how to complain to a bank
Saving and planning for the future
- identify things to save up for
- give examples of reasons to save
- describe key features of saving for large expenses
- describe key features of different types of savings
- know some savings are protected
- identify ways to make small savings
For more information on training and promotional events
HECA’s Financial Capability Trainer:
Tel: 01895 277307